Who should attend
- NPP quality assurance managers
- Qualified coating inspectors
- Inspection firms – qualif ied inspectors and managers
- Coating manufacturers sales and technical representatives
- Coating inspection and evaluation personnel at architectural engineering firms
- Coating contractors
- Coating evaluation personnel from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (U.S.)
- Paint supervisors at nuclear power plants
- Describe NPP operations, work procedures, and familiarity with industry terms
- Recognize all industry regulatory organizations worldwide (including the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC))
- Perform inspections in various areas of a NPP
- Recall the purpose, criteria, and types of qualified NPP Coatings
- Develop and manage a safety-related coatings program
- Classify surface preparation and coating application of different Coating Service Level (CSL) areas
- Match coating system type and DBA qualif ication requirements
- Determine and apply required qualif ications to meet industry and plant-specific ANSI and ASTM standards
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.
End of course exam
Successful completion of the written exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.