To be certified to QP 5, coating and lining inspection companies must demonstrate company standards in key areas:
- Management procedure
- Established inspection practice
- Systems of quality control
- Internal audit and review procedures
- Standards for qualifying and training personnel
- Policy for review and resolution of complaints
These key areas are evaluated first in form of submittals at the time of application, then confirmed through an impartial on-site audit at the headquarter offices of the coatings and lining inspection company.
The on-site audit criteria can be found in both the QP 5 application and the Self-evaluation Checklist. AMPP strongly advises using the checklist to be sure all areas are addressed prior to the on-site audit.