Who should attend
Anyone who has a technical corrosion background but is new to designing corrosion control systems. This includes:
- Civil engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Apply corrosion control methods into the design process
- Associate materials performance to service environments
- Explain the processes, methodologies, and factors influencing materials selection
- Recognize the effects of corrosion and design on materials
- Select the appropriate methods to deliver design optimization
- Apply various methods of economic analysis to find direct and indirect costs
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
Basic Corrosion or Basic Corrosion eCourse
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
Visit NACE International Institute for individual certification requirements. Requirements are specific to each certification and may include a combination of exams, application, course completion, work experience and proof of educational achievements. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.