Who should attend
Individuals with experience in CP systems including:
- Design complete CP systems in a variety of industry applications including water tanks, aboveground and underground storage tanks, and pipelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of rectifier and ground bed installation, along with source code calculations and protective coatings
- Perform corrosion analysis on the job site
- Manage and direct field tests
- Apply new technologies to existing CP programs
- Provide formal training to understudies on basic and advanced CP concepts
- Recall and comply with codes, regulations, reporting procedures, and standard practices
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Cathodic Protection 3 – Technologist or equivalent training
- To be successful in this course, it is strongly recommended that students have completed college or university-level courses in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, and have significant practical experience in CP design.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
For exam and translation availability visit the NACE Institute site for individual exam and certification requirements. Requirements are specific to each certification and may include a combination of exams, application, course completion, work experience and proof of educational achievements. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process. *Please Note: exams for the Cathodic Protection Technologist and Cathodic Protection Specialist Program will be available in English and Spanish at select Pearson VUE testing centers globally during two specified times per year. Please visit the CP 3 and CP 4 certification page for more details.