The new NACE Standards Development Program is entirely focused on meeting NACE industry needs for new, current, and technically accurate standards. The structure consists of balanced standing committees of dedicated volunteer technical experts.
Committee Voting Members have specific voting and meeting attendance obligations to ensure robust, responsive, and balanced participation from all stakeholder groups. Committee’s and Committee Officer’s time is devoted exclusively to standards development (other oversight responsibilities – Technical Exchange Groups, Symposia, etc., remains with TCC).
A few additional benefits include:
- Membership in NACE International is no longer required to become a member of a Standards Committee – enabling NACE to better serve emerging industries or current industries where NACE has a growing presence.
- International participation is encouraged and facilitated by the creation of International Standards Working Groups (ISWGs). This enables local experts to meet regionally but with a direct path for the consideration of standards input and proposals to the established standards development committees.
- All aspects (project approvals, standards approvals, etc.) of the new standards development process is significantly streamlined to save the volunteer expert’s time:
- Aligned with industry best practices for standards developing organizations (SDOs) – enabling NACE to be considered for standards writing opportunities that serve broad industry needs.
- Able to publish standards in 18 months vs the current average of 5+ years.
- The NACE Standards Development Program now has a dedicated voting seat on the NACE International Board of Directors so input for the unique needs of industry standards development can be provided directly to the Board.
- Revenues from the sale of NACE standards are now reinvested in our standards development program – enabling the Program to better serve NACE’s diverse industries and markets.