We’re more than just engineers
NACE technical committees are a community of end-users, consultants, manufacturers, technologists, researchers, scientists, technicians, military, and governmental bodies united with a common mission: combining industry expertise to establish standard best practices for corrosion control and mitigation.
Be recognized as an industry leader
With more than 300 technical committees and 2,600+ participants, NACE is the leading voice in developing corrosion-related standards and reports that affect your industry:
- • Preserve the longevity of products and infrastructure
- • Implement proper maintenance and inspection techniques to improve bottom line
- • Address gaps in current and newly developing technology
Shaping the industry starts with you
New to the corrosion control industry? Establish your professional credibility by connecting with world-renowned experts in your field. Your participation in committees advances your career as you help shape the standards that impact the world around you and determine the future of your industry.
Established industry experts also benefit from NACE technical committees. Showcase your expertise to deliver a lasting contribution to the corrosion control industry and pass on your knowledge to the next generation of corrosion professionals.
How do I get involved?
Participation in standards development is easy and open to everyone. Anyone can participate in the process, but to fully engage in standards development, you must be a NACE member. Become a member today by calling FirstService toll free at 1-800-797-NACE(6223) or by e-mail. There are no additional fees required for participation.
Benefits of Technical Committee Membership
- • Stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and emerging trends
- • Create connections for jobs/career advancement
- • Companies benefit from having knowledgeable employees
- • Have an impact on standards that affect industry and company products and services
- • Develop contacts with fellow members for speedy access to information or experience with corrosion-related problems
- • Network with recognized corrosion experts at technical committee meetings
- • TCC Brochure
Specific Technology Group (STG) Membership—Privileges and Responsibilities:
- • Opportunity to comment and to vote on all proposed reports and standards produced by TGs
- • Return all ballots and any other committee correspondence requiring a response.
Technical Committee Meetings
Attending a meeting is a great way of seeing first-hand what kind of work a committee is involved in and how you can best participate.
- • All NACE technical committee meetings open to the public.
- • No additional fees required of technical committee members.
- • Any NACE member can join an Specific Technology Group (STG) or a Technical Exchange Group (TEG).
- • To join a Task Group (TG), contact the TG chair for permission.
What are you waiting for? Make your impact now.