You may not download, copy or embed NACE Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Website except with the express written permission of NACE. NACE reserves the right to require any party sharing NACE content to disable or remove the content should its use violate NACE policies or rights or causes interruption or deterioration of NACE Content.
4. Personal Login Information Certain features and areas of the Website are available only with registration or login, such as NACE Member account number, and/or a paid membership. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. NACE is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must notify NACE immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
6. User Obligations You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Website and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Website by other users or with the operation and management of the Website by NACE. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Website, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an NACE Website registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, NACE reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the Website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Website, or defame or otherwise harm any party through your use of the Website.
In addition, you also agree that you will not use the Website to:
- (a) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- (b) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- (c) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, including through any attachments thereto, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- (d) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- (e) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
- (f) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law.
7. Proprietary Rights The content of the Website includes, without limitation, (i) the trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification of NACE (collectively the “NACE Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, data bases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Website (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as the “NACE Content”). NACE Content is the property of NACE, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any NACE Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from NACE or the owner of such content if NACE is not the owner. For reprints, contact NACE. Any use of NACE Marks without the express written consent of NACE is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in NACE Content, including any such notices appearing on any NACE Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Website.
8. Responsibility for Use of the Website and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Website is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, NACE does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Website over the Internet or other communication network.
9. Disclaimer as to Accuracy of Information. Website Content may or may not reflect the most current developments. Accordingly, information on the Website is not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied upon as such. NACE is not obligated to correct or update any of the Website Content, and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information that may appear on the Website.
10. Third Party Information The Website may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Website are those of the respective third party and not of NACE or its affiliates. NACE makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
11. Advertisers/Advertisements The Website may contain advertisements. The inclusion of advertisements on the Website does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services. NACE shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Website. Further, NACE shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the Website. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
12. Links to Third Party Websites For your convenience, the Website may provide links (including links through on-line advertisements) to other websites on the Internet. These other websites are maintained by third parties over which NACE exercises no control. The publication of any such third party links on the Website is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
13. Links to the Website, Content, Sharing of Content Links to the Website and to NACE Content that are posted by third parties to their websites may not include NACE trademark or logo and or suggest that NACE promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Website shall be the responsibility of the linking party. NACE reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates the policies or rights of NACE or causes interruption or deterioration of NACE Content.
14. Warranties Disclaimed THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER NACE, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, OR DIRECTORS NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “NACE PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
16. Exclusions Permitted by Law SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 14 AND 15 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND THE LIABILITY OF NACE WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
22. Limitations Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Website must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
23. User Generated Content We welcome your views, comments and other communications, pictures, trackback URLs, or videos on the Website which may include discussion boards, blogs and other services that allow users to provide feedback, comment or content (“User Content”). By adding User Content to the Website, users understand and acknowledge that this information may be available to the public and grant NACE a nonexclusive license to display, reproduce, transmit, modify such User Content, and the right to use it for internal and external marketing purposes. Please note that other users may access and distribute posted information beyond the control of NACE. Users who do not wish to have their User Content used, published, copied and/or reprinted, should not post on these sites.
You are solely responsible for the User Content you submit, and agree to indemnify NACE against any and all claims and liabilities resulting from that content. NACE does not approve, endorse, or adopt any User Content, and NACE assumes no liability for any User Content submitted by you or others.
NACE retains the right to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, content that it deems threatening, demeaning, profane, obscene, a violation of intellectual property rights or privacy laws, off-topic, commercial or promotion of organizations or programs, or otherwise injurious or illegal. NACE also retains the right to ban or block a user from posting on the Website without notice for a pattern of inappropriate postings or as it deems necessary.